This is my generic 2016 growth post.
Career-wise: the countdown to CRNA school begins.I’ll link my video essays I sent to Columbia University. I continue to grow as a young ICU nurse. My coworkers and management have entrusted the role of being a preceptor to newcomers. As well, as covering charge nurse duties.
Family-wise: I think that my parents have finally tasted some freedom. They are enjoying their time in the Philippines. I am eternally grateful that they have reached that stage in their lives that they don’t have to worry about the kids anymore.
Significant other: n/a haha. I have trust in Him that everything will work out like it’s supposed to. That’s actually one of my goals, to find myself spiritually first.
Personally: For one, I finally learned how to swim. Told myself I would pick up a hobby and master it. And, this skill I have been procrastinating on since I was able to make my own money to pay for swim lessons.
This year, I have traveled more than I ever did before. Here they are, locally and internationally. 14 countries later, I love the idea of traveling more than ever. You understand so much about what you want from life. I learned that no matter where I am in life, I want to have the time to keep my desire of connecting and understanding people that are different from me. Because actually we are all quite similar. I guess, we all just want to be happy?
- Cancun, Mexico
- Washington DC, USA
- London, UK
- Paris, France
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Vienna, Austria
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Budapest, Hungary
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Montreal, Canada
- Poconos Mountains, Pennsylvania, USA
- Hong Kong, China
- Bangkok, Thailand ( then Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Phi phi)
- Singapore, Singapore
- Ubud Bali, Indonesia
- Madrid, Spain ( but the best city was Barcelona)
- I hope to travel deeply in one place.
- Be more connected with my inner self and Him
- Pick up hobbies like pottery and dance
- Start school and be good at what I do
- Continue to be a good character to those around me (connect better with people not just social media but actually on a personal level)